Monday, May 17, 2010

Officially Kinky

As is usually the case with public offices, the manager's office at work is equipped with a wide array of office supplies -- you know the drill: paper clips, pens, a hairbrush, sticky notes, a stapler, a computer, maybe a box of tissues, a heavy leather strap hanging from the back of the door...


Some of those may have been fabricated... but for the most part, you have the picture. :D

You may see one office supply not mentioned above -- though probably more likely to be found in your typical office setting than some of the similarly kinky pervert-ables listed -- featured here: yes, a ruler. : )

In fact, a ruler does reside in the manager's office at work. Most of the time, however, it remains docilely hidden in one of the many drawers or cabinets... Until one day, when I happened to be entering the office during a particularly long spell of boredom (aka, no work to do), for no other reason than to participate in some non-work-related chit-chat with the gaggle of managers inside... As you can probably understand, I was already a feeling a little guilty about the fact that I wasn't doing any work while at work, and on top of that, planning to continue not doing work in front of the managers -- but I know enough about the culture of my work to be sure of the fact that none of them would mind in the least, and indeed, probably wouldn't have been doing much work themselves for the past twenty minutes anyway. Still, the back of my mind managed to maintain a grip on this tiny guilty feeling of wrongdoing as I walked into the manager's office...

And no sooner had I entered said office than did the manager sitting nearest to my line of sight decide to slam the ruler -- which he just happened to be holding -- down on the desk as he turned toward me with a mock exasperated look on his face.

He merely meant to scare me (poking fun at how easily I startle, a personality trait of mine now well-known and widely taken advantage of at work), and make a comical sarcastic statement about the general lack of work taking place... Instead, I stopped dead in my tracks -- startled, yes, but oh so aware of the ridiculously kinky potential of an office full of all-male managers, with one female employee caught not doing work, forced over the knees of the already seated and armed store manager, and reminded of the strict and necessary rules of the workplace... :D

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, when the simple matter of a ruler slammed on a desk in joking fun strikes this kind of chord in me, I can formally say that I am: officially kinky. :)

2 comments:

  1. LOL! That was a priceless moment! I hope you didn't give yourself away by bending over the desk.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Hermione -- it was a very close call... :D

    ReplyDelete