Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Kinky Wear: Restraint Edition

Juliet:
'Tis almost morning,
I would have thee gone—
And yet no farther than a wan-ton's bird,
That lets it hop a little from his hand,

Like a poor prisoner in his twisted gyves,
And with a silken thread
plucks it b
ack again,
So loving-jealous
of his liberty.


Romeo:
I would I were thy bird.

Juliet:
Sweet, so would I,
Yet I should kill thee with much cherishing.
Good night, good night!
Parting is such sweet sorrow,
That I shall say good night till it be morrow.


When I moved across the country to graduate school, I left behind a wonderful community of friends and family, both kinky and vanilla. In particular, as a part of a polyamorous BDSM family (a household, actually, of which I was a non-house member), I learned a great deal about myself, about the kinky lifestyle, about relationships, and about BDSM in general (and not to mention fit in quite a bit of spanking :D). I forged incredible relationships with people who will remain with me forever -- souls intertwined in our lives' journeys, whom I shall never forget, and with whom I will always remain closely tied.

But for now, I am away, on toward new adventures, and the experience of parting has never been easy for me to quantify. Both good and bad, happy and sad, but overall a beautiful new feeling of change and growth and forward-thinking along with lovely memories and experiences from a wonderful past.

Before I left, I did receive, quite to my surprise, a particularly luxurious and humbling parting gift:










This is a custom-made set of restraints, complete with my favorite color (purple), my favorite animal/mythical creature (dragon), and my name (Rayne). They are black leather, made with a soft lining and adjustable in size, along with the capability to fit into T-bar attachments for ease and versatility of bondage use.


I was blown away when I saw them : )

These would be much more than I would be able to afford from any maker for at least several years -- they are beautifully constructed by a master craftsman and will be with me through my lifestyle journeys forever : )

Thank you, my dear Professor, and while parting may be such sweet sorrow, I will always have you in my heart :D

(Statue photography by Tony Northrup; if anyone happens to know the artist of the lovely painting please enlighten me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment